- 20 Colors Set
- 6 Neon Colors Set
- 6 Pastel Colors Set
- 6 Earth Tone Colors Set
[CONTEST IS CLOSED!]
Staedtler has generously offered the 20 Colors Set and Neon Colors Set to one lucky winner.
[Disclosure: I received the Staedtler Fineliner Pens mentioned in this article at no charge in exchange for writing a product review.]
Staedtler triplus Fineliner Pens come in a sturdy clear plastic case that flips back to become an easel. The easel sets up and down easily, and does not tip over when you reach for a pen.
I found Fineliner Pens to be a superior quality product and a reliable pleasure to use. They're surprisingly versatile, too.
Well Designed with the Artist in Mind
- Ergonomic triangular barrels feel great in the hand
- Superfine tip gets into intricate areas without bleeding
- The caps match the colors
- The pens glide smoothly and release color in an even flow
- Water-based inks give opaque coverage, yet you can create watercolor effects by applying a moist brush over colored areas
- Colors can be layered over each other. I especially liked using light gray for shading over bright colors
- The fine tips are great to use for cross hatching, stippling, and other textures
- Fill larger areas by placing lines next to each other
- They resist bleeding through paper.
- They layer well over and under most colored pencil types.
- They have enough ink to last longer than many other pens of this type
- The pen caps snap closed and won't fall off.
- Dry Safe: The pens can be left uncapped for days without drying up
- Easel storage case is easy to use
Staedtler triplus Fineliners don’t indicate color names on the pens or packaging, so the names I use below are my own.
- The 20 Pen Set includes a complete range of colors: primary, secondary, and tertiary colors along with two earth tones, two grays, and black. The brighter colors in the set are vivid and intense and the dark colors are distinctive
- The Neon colors are vibrant and slightly pale, which is great because they're not overwhelming as are many other brands. The colors are blue, hot pink, pale orange, yellow, green, and red-orange. My only issue is that the blue cap is a different blue from the aqua color the pen actually is
- The Earth Tone colors are deep and rich. The colors are dark red, dark mauve, purple, dark green, brown, and dark gray
- The Pastel colors are pink, lavender, peach, lime, gray, and blue. The colors are soft and mellow enough to be sophisticated without losing the fresh, sweet look of a pastel palette
- The colors are different in each set, so if you buy the entire array you will not be duplicating colors.
After experimenting with Staedtler triplus Fineliners I found them versatile and satisfying, and now they are part of my repertoire for coloring my work. These are my go-to pens for fine detail.
Learn more at Staedtler's website.